The German Biogas Association brings together operators, manufacturers and planners of biogas plants as well as representatives from science and research, and interested parties from all over Germany. Since it was founded in 1992, the Association, with over 4,900 members, has become Europe’s strongest organization in the area of biogas. With intensive political advocacy at federal and state levels, the Association campaigns for the increased use of biogas technology. Moreover, we support the exchange of information and experience in the sector.
The goals of the German Biogas Association include:
- Promoting technical developments in the biogas sector.
- Promoting, evaluating and communicating research findings and practical experiences from the field of biogas technology for the benefit of the public and the environment.
- Providing training courses on practice-oriented topics related to biogas as well as consulting services.
- Issuing publications on biogas topics.
- Promoting the exchange of experiences through participation and implementation of exhibitions, conferences and other events.
- Promoting international exchange and knowledge transfer of experiences by active networking.
- Supporting a consulting network of members in various regions in Germany.
- Developing quality standards for planning and building biogas plants and plant components.
- Developing quality standards for biogas digestate.
- Developing quality standards for operating biogas plants.