Since August 1st 2013, the German Biogas Association has been participating in the so called EZ-Scout Programme of BMZ (Development Cooperation Scout Programme) with the goal of linking economic activities, promotion of foreign trade, and development cooperation more closely together. In our case, the greater participation of German companies in the biogas industry in development projects should result in success. Combining areas of expertise and resources and sharing responsibility and risks will generate both economic and political development win-win scenarios, and challenges that are very difficult to master alone can be taken on together.
In general, development cooperation scouts advise companies about opportunities for becoming involved in Germany's official development cooperation activities, and about suitable business support services. The EZ-Scout for the German Biogas Association provides the following services in particular:
- Information and individualized consultation regarding options for partnerships and financing
- Selection of customized instruments for development cooperation
- Support in subsidy applications and for projects
- Providing contacts to networks, institutions within development cooperation as well as to local and regional development cooperation programmes and companies in the private sector
- Information on partner countries for development cooperation regarding market potential and framework conditions
Examples for the range of services for economic cooperation include financing and consultation for planned investments as well as financing of feasibility studies, financing and consultation for planned investments as well as financing of feasibility studies in developing and emerging countries, programmes for professionals such as management training programme for specialized and management staff, the Senior Expert Service(SES), the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), and last, but not least, the BMZ programme for development partnerships with the private sector – develoPPP.de – which has already been executed over thirty times by the biogas industry.
For more information please contact: